MUST READ: "Dying in Indian Country."

Friday, October 10, 2008

Susan Estrich is wrong on this one...

I don't agree with Susan Estrich most of the time, but I have grown to respect her courtesy, honesty, and point of view. Among liberals, Susan seems to have a sense of fairness and honor. But today, I need to correct her. Today Susan Estrich wrote,


"Election officials should do everything they can to make sure that this is a clean and fair election. But ...Perfection is not a realistic standard. You don’t need a perfect trial to have a fair result. Ditto for elections, especially those that are not going to be decided by razor thin margins....This election is not going to be decided by people voting early and often, or by scamsters selling out for cigarettes."

Susan, if people ARE voting "often" it WILL affect the election. I do believe that except for the misrepresentation of McCain's economic record, the undeserved treatment of Sarah Palin, and the fact that people have been voting "often," this probably would be a razor thin election.

Susan, I also cringe at your portrayal of persons that would accept cigarettes for votes as "scamsters." Those that would accept cigarettes in exchange for a vote are usually the most vulnerable of our society, ie on the streets, destitute, fighting dependencies, mentall ill, or mentally challenged. You know as well as I do that they aren't the ones that thought up the scam. They are the ones being used by the scamsters. And I think you know who those scamsters really are.

Susan, you usually seem to have a level head, but the above statements make me wonder.... as you've managed democratic campaigns through the years, have you known about the fraud all along?

You know, when half the country was so angry about Gore's loss eight years ago, I remember thinking, "Of course they are angry. They paid good money to win this election." In fact, I believed that but for the prayers of many, Gore would have won it. I know that it had been fraud had been discovered in LA, Florida and Michigan, (I knew a man whose Maimi ballot might have been used by someone else.) but I was never sure to what extent the fraud went. Has this been a huge thing going on at high levels for a long time?

But it's not over yet. Remember how the polls showed Clinton losing in New Hampshire? Remember that you were one of the few that hung in there, refusing to believe the polls?

We still have time to pray, Susan. I won't pray that one man or the other win, because I don't know what the Lord knows about the next few years. (who would have guessed 911 was going to happen?) It might be that the Lord has a plan for Obama. If that is the case, great. I'm all for whatever the Lord knows to be right. So - Lord Jesus, we pray for God's hand and choice in this election. May the right man - the man of Your choice - win this election. No matter how much money is spent, what accusations are made, what other countries think, or what kind of fraud is attempted, we pray for Your Will - and Your will alone - as to who will be president of our United States of America. May the power of God be felt right now in our country. Amen.

No comments: