MUST READ: "Dying in Indian Country."

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Thank You Sarah Palin

.
Sarah, you are awesome. I didn't know anything about you prior to the Republican Convention, but I fell in love with you right off the bat.

A Conservative, Christian, home school mom. A praying, believing Mom. Just like the women I know and love in my church community - you reminded me of Kathy, Ann, and dozens of others.
I trusted you right away.

I listened to your pastor do interviews. I saw the prayer for you on the internet. (Interesting that the media now reports that Obama was prayed for in Kenya, in a "traditional Pentecostal" way, but apparently, it was okay for him)

I liked your pastors. I also liked that you were on the same page with us as far as the issues were concerned.

I felt hurt by the attacks on your oldest daughter. My daughter had her baby almost two years ago. I want to tell you, it was hard to learn she was pregnant, but that little guy, he's the joy of our household. He makes us all so happy, especially with everything being so stressful lately. He brightens my day by just walking in to the room.

You've done a great job with your kids. You've represented Alaska well as a Mayor and Governor. You did an awesome job standing up to all the pummeling these last two months.

Some people just can't stand it when people don't agree with them. If they can't get you to change your mind and agree with them, they can be pretty hateful. We felt for you. You were right to ignore most of it.

We get some of the same stuff here, but thankfully, not as badly as you've had it. The anger and vindictiveness of some of the people attacking you has certainly seemed over the top, as has the anger of those that troll conservative blogs looking for fights. It's hard to understand why they put so much energy into attacking those of us on the right. I'm sure you've been praying for them, as we have. God, please help them, in the name of Jesus.

We met your husband in Moorhead. He's so easy going; we loved him. On the drive home, one of my adult daughters said that while attending an Obama rally earlier this year, she found him hard to listen to. She said Obama had good inflection, but his content was too smooth. As she put it, too “politician”... a manipulator. (She's always had a discerning heart.) But she really enjoyed listening to Todd. He wasn’t a polished speaker, but she said that’s what she liked. He was real, and you knew that what he was saying was coming from his heart. You knew he wasn't trying to manipulate.

I also told him that I'd like to talk to you about the Indian Child Welfare Act and how it is hurting families. Hope you got the message.

4 comments:

tom paine said...

lisa,

Your "post enabled" button must not be working!

tom paine said...

lisa,

Did you miss my point?

You did not post any of my other comments or responses. I sent the
previous "Your "post enabled" button must not be working!" comment as a slight jest at what might be going on.

So why did you deny my other posts?

I realize it's your right...I'm just curious.

Unknown said...

No Tom, I didn't miss your point.

Here, I'll go ahead and make one more response - then that will be it. I'm sure you've read this somewhere else already...

Tom - You remind me of my brother. He always tries to rile things up by playing the devil's advocate. He does it for attention - he's a pretty lonely guy. I love him, so when I see you doing this, my heart goes out to you.

But after a point with my brother, I tend to just quit responding. A person can only respond so much and then has to move on. The constant barrage turns lots of people off, and you lose relationships. That isn't the result my brother is looking for. and I'm betting that deep down you really want friends as well. So again, to help you out, I'm telling you - playing nice is the best way to get positive attention.

I pray someone will come into your life and spend some time with you. You seem pretty nice deep down. Bless you again –

And no - you won't get a response from me here again. I won't feed your passion for the fight.

I have to thank you, though, Tom, for not being foul like the other guy that writes a couple times a week. I do respect you for that.

It's good when our opponents can respect the fact that we all have a right to our opinions, and if we disagree with President-elect Obama's policy positions, it's good if others can accept that. After all, if it had been McCain that had won, I wouldn't expect the left to suddenly agree with all the conservative policy positions and be happy about them. We all know that we disagree. That's life.
Bless you -

Bill said...

Nice post! I have added you to my list of blogs on my site! We Palin fans have to stick together!